
A name I was given by my mother due to the obscene amount of creams and cosmetics that I collected in my bathroom as a teenager. If there was a new product advertised in the drug store with a beautifully constructed package I bought it! If there was perfume endorsed by a gorgeous Hollywood starlet I HAD to have it (of course because I thought there was a small chance that this was a magical potion that would transform me into this glamorous beauty). Even if there was three lotions all by the same company with the exact same ingredients but different packaging I needed to buy all three. I was exactly the type of customer every cosmetic giant dreams of, heavily influenced by the advertisements that they pay millions of dollars for each year. This excessive collection continued into my late teens and early twenties. I was running out of room on my bedroom, bathroom and kitchen counters all with duplicates even triplicates of products I didn't need or use. (My first roommate complained when she washed her hands with self tanner instead of the Dove soap in the pump container that once took its place, oops!)All of this to say that there came a time when I had to limit my spending and collection of products that I was so ferociously buying. At this time is when I shifted my interest from quantity to quality. Now I don't mean quality as in expensive but more or less as very good products, you know, the rare finds that you think to yourself how did I ever live without this!?!
Which brings me to my blog, I think a good find is not just for one person to enjoy, but to share with the population that will enjoy it as I do. So enjoy the great finds, send me your feedback and happy shopping!
Which brings me to my blog, I think a good find is not just for one person to enjoy, but to share with the population that will enjoy it as I do. So enjoy the great finds, send me your feedback and happy shopping!

3 comments:
This is great! I'm not a girl nor am I into beauty products, but as a product designer I can respect this industry and how crucial marketing and packaging is to each products success in this insanely saturated market. Looking forward to seeing what products you discover!
Dear Product Queen,
So your a product stasher just like myself. Love it! What would I do without body butter at an arms length away. Keep this blog alive and I will be sure to track it!
Got to go, my fingers are so slippery from my last application I'm going to need to clean this keyboard ;)
~Jordan
Stephy,
keep up the great work
love you
xoxoxo
Colleen
Post a Comment