Thursday, September 10, 2009

Over-plucked and out of luck?


In high school it was supermodel Nikki Taylor who inspired me to shape my eyebrows into well crafted pencil thin arches. For about a split second I thought it looked alright, then quickly came to the realization that I had seriously over plucked and looked NOTHING like Nikki Taylor! Panicked I grabbed my black eyeliner and proceeded to draw in my eyebrows.... thankfully I had enough sense to realize that black eyeliner not only looked ridiculous on my fair complexion but also smudged far beneath my natural eyebrow line. Disaster! How does one fix such a tragic mistake? Inevitably I ended up picking up some tricks from the many beauty magazines I collected and remedied the situation with an angled brush and some light brown matte eyeshadow. 


To achieve the most natural eyebrows when you may have gone "tweezer happy" is to purchase a eyeshadow similar to your hair color and apply it lightly with an angled brush to your brow line. The angled brush will help to fill in the bare spots and create a thicker more natural look without the harsh pencil line that you would get with an eyebrow pencil or liner. Here are a couple of key colors that I have found match with many of the basic hair colors.

First and more importantly the brush! 

                                        Benefits Brows a go-go
Olive to Dark complexions: MAC eyeshadow in Expresso; MAC eyeshadow in Embark (for more auburn tones)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Product Queen,
I need some help!!!!
Since I am now over 35, I have discovers some dark circles and bags under my eyes. Lack of sleep or whatever the reason....help, I need some advise on what to do???

The Product Queen said...

Hi there ;) Thanks for your questions. Fighting under eye circles can seem like an endleless battle sometimes however I have discovered a few little tricks to help minimize their appearance from day to day. Well, first and foremost the most obvious answer is sleep, but we have all heard this before. Another trick is freezing a couple of Chamomile tea bags and resting them on your eyes for 5-10 minutes followed by MAC's fast response eye cream.